Hiring a professional video production team for your business can be a substantial investment, Unfortunately, many businesses rush into video production without thinking it through.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail"- Alan Lakein.
Save yourself from the disappointment, waste of time and money. Here are some strategies to consider when hiring a Professional Video Production Team:
1. Begin with the end in mind. Don't just make a video because it's the trend right now. Instead, think about what you want your video to accomplish for your business. Is your goal to increase business? Educate your viewer? Determine your goal first, then work with a company that understands the scope of your needs and can consult with you to achieve your goals.
2. Cheap video can be more expensive than expected. You really do get what you pay for. No matter what your budget is, you’ll be able to find someone to create videos for you, and there’s nothing wrong with hiring a college student who does production on the side, or someone who’s really new and just trying to build up portfolio. Just know that the production quality won’t be the same as if you hire a professional team. Video has different stages, The planning, the production, and the editing, make sure that there are no hidden fees, ask questions like: Are edits included? What about music licensing? Or travel expenses? Watch out for those additional costs that can be thrown in at the end and bust your budget.
3. Always consider your audience. Prospects and customers who see your video will immediately form an opinion about your business, think about what perception they will create of your brand when they see your video. Remember you only get one chance at making the first impression, make it count!
Think about your target audience and what elements are important to them, then be sure to create a video that talks to them directly.
4. Work with experts in your industry. When choosing a production company, work with someone who already knows what works and what doesn’t by looking to those who specialize in video content for your industry.
5. Choose someone who's up on video industry standards. This includes optimizing videos for HD and mobile devices, youtube etc. Make sure they understand what is working on current distribution channels, people who can provide you with tools, tips and tricks on how to maximise your video exposure on today's platforms and technologies.
6. Consider the value of your time. I have a question, How much is your time worth?
Use your time and talent to serve you best at growing your business, making money, not managing a video project. Work with a company that doesn’t require any micro-managing on your part.
7. Value reliability. Some companies will over-promise to land a client then fail to deliver the end product. Can the company ensure on-time delivery? Does it have the resources to do so? will the delivery of your video be with in the timeline you needed, will the content still be valuable by the delivery date? Get a guarantee that you'll have a team dedicated to your project that won’t quit until your video is finisehd.
8. Be careful when hiring friends or family. It may seem convenient to hire a family member or a friend, but it might be more costly to your relationship if the quality of their work doesn’t add up.
9. Is there Team Spirit. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” Helen Keller.
It is about creating a relationship where you feel comfortable sharing and exchanging ideas, in order to create this great work atmosphere creating a relationship with your production company is key. Choose a production team who can advise you on future projects and provide ongoing, fresh content for your business year after year. People who are interested in creating you results.
Video is the future of content marketing. Various studies show more than half of companies are already making use of the medium. Are you taking advantage of the power of video? Engage viewers and they will share the video with others, this is the best form of "free advertising" exposure to the friend of a friend, and with social media the sky is not the limit.
If you will like to make an online video strategy, but do not know what how or what, talk to us, we speak video.